Why new businesses should invest in SEO?
Starting a new business is an exciting and challenging journey. As a new business owner, you are likely focused on building your brand, finding customers, and generating revenue. However, it’s important not to overlook the importance of investing in search engine optimization (SEO) as a critical component of your digital marketing strategy. In this blog post, we’ll explore why new businesses should invest in SEO and the benefits it can provide.
Increases visibility and traffic
SEO involves optimizing your website to rank higher in search engine results pages (SERPs). This increased visibility can lead to more traffic to your website. When people search for products or services related to your business, you want to ensure that your website appears at the top of the search results. The higher your website ranks, the more likely people will click on your website and potentially become customers.
Builds credibility and trust
When your website appears at the top of search engine results, it provides credibility and trust to potential customers. People trust search engines to provide them with relevant and authoritative information. By ranking high in search results, you establish your business as a trusted authority in your industry.
Provides a competitive advantage
SEO is not only about ranking higher in search results, but also about understanding your competition. By analyzing your competitors’ SEO strategies, you can identify areas where you can improve and stand out. By investing in SEO, you can stay ahead of your competitors and attract more customers.
Generates higher quality leads
SEO not only drives more traffic to your website but also generates higher quality leads. When people search for specific keywords related to your business, they are more likely to convert into customers. These high-quality leads are more likely to result in sales and revenue for your business.
Cost-effective marketing strategy
Compared to other digital marketing strategies such as pay-per-click advertising, SEO is a cost-effective way to drive traffic and generate leads. While it may take time to see results, the long-term benefits of SEO can provide a significant return on investment.
Adapts to changing market trends
As new trends and technologies emerge, SEO strategies need to adapt to stay relevant. By investing in SEO, you can stay up-to-date with the latest trends and changes in search engine algorithms. This adaptability ensures that your website remains visible and relevant to potential customers.
Increases brand awareness
SEO can help increase brand awareness by exposing your business to a wider audience. When people search for products or services related to your business, they will see your website listed at the top of search results. This exposure can help increase brand recognition and drive more traffic to your website.
Provides measurable results
SEO provides measurable results, allowing you to track your progress and make data-driven decisions. You can use tools such as Google Analytics to track your website’s traffic and monitor your SEO performance. This data can help you refine your strategy and optimize your website for better results.
Improves user experience
SEO involves optimizing your website for both search engines and users. By improving the user experience, you can increase engagement and drive more conversions. This can include improving website speed, navigation, and content relevancy.
SEO is a long-term strategy that can provide lasting benefits for your business. While it may take time to see results, the investment in SEO can pay off in the long run. As your website’s ranking improves, you can continue to attract new customers and generate revenue for your business.
Investing in SEO is essential for new businesses looking to establish their brand, attract customers, and generate revenue. By increasing visibility, building credibility, and providing a competitive advantage, SEO can provide significant benefits for your business. While it may take time to see results, the long-term benefits of SEO make it a worthwhile investment
Importance of google analytics in SEO
Google Analytics is a powerful tool that provides valuable insights into website traffic and user behavior. It is an essential tool for any website owner or marketer, particularly for those interested in optimizing their search engine optimization (SEO) strategy. Here are some of the key reasons why Google Analytics is so important for SEO:
- Understand User Behavior: Google Analytics provides detailed information about how users interact with your website, including how they find your site, how long they stay on your site, and what pages they visit. This information is invaluable for understanding user behavior and identifying areas for improvement.
- Track Performance: Google Analytics allows you to track the performance of your website over time, including traffic, engagement, and conversion rates. This data can help you make data-driven decisions about how to improve your site’s performance and SEO strategy.
- Identify Top Performing Pages: Google Analytics can help you identify the pages on your website that are performing the best in terms of traffic and engagement. This information can be used to optimize those pages for SEO and to replicate their success on other pages.
- Measure SEO Success: By tracking your website’s traffic and engagement metrics, Google Analytics allows you to measure the success of your SEO efforts. This information can help you identify areas for improvement and track progress over time.
- Refine Keyword Strategy: Google Analytics provides valuable information about the keywords that are driving traffic to your website. This data can be used to refine your keyword strategy and optimize your content for the keywords that are driving the most traffic and engagement.
- Monitor Website Health: Google Analytics provides information about website errors, broken links, and other issues that can impact SEO. Monitoring this information regularly can help ensure that your site is healthy and optimized for search engines.
Google Analytics is an essential tool for any business interested in improving their SEO strategy. By providing valuable insights into user behavior, website performance, and keyword strategy, Google Analytics can help businesses make data-driven decisions and optimize their website for search engines.
Difference between SEO audit and technical SEO audit
An SEO audit and a technical SEO audit are two distinct types of audits that help improve a website’s search engine ranking and user experience. Here are the key differences between the two:
- Focus: An SEO audit focuses on optimizing the content, keywords, and overall on-page elements to improve a website’s visibility in search engine results pages (SERPs). On the other hand, a technical SEO audit focuses on identifying and resolving technical issues that may be hindering the website’s visibility.
- Scope: An SEO audit is a broad overview of a website’s optimization and includes both on-page and off-page elements. It also looks at the website’s usability, content quality, and user experience. A technical SEO audit, however, focuses solely on the website’s technical aspects, such as site speed, crawlability, and indexing.
- Tools: Both types of audits use various tools, such as Google Analytics and Search Console, to gather data. However, a technical SEO audit may also require the use of specialized tools, such as Screaming Frog or Ahrefs, to identify technical issues.
- Implementation: Once an SEO audit is complete, the recommendations can be implemented gradually over time. However, a technical SEO audit may require immediate action to resolve technical issues that could be causing problems with the website’s visibility.
In summary, an SEO audit is a comprehensive review of a website’s optimization and user experience, while a technical SEO audit is focused on identifying and resolving technical issues that may be hindering the website’s search engine visibility. Both types of audits are crucial for a successful SEO strategy and should be performed regularly to ensure the website is functioning optimally.
What is the difference between organic SEO vs inorganic seo?
Organic SEO and inorganic SEO refer to two different approaches to driving traffic to a website through search engine optimization.
Organic SEO refers to the practice of optimizing a website and its content to improve its visibility and ranking in the search engine results pages (SERPs) based on natural or organic ranking factors. This includes optimizing on-page elements such as meta tags, content, and internal linking, as well as off-page factors such as backlinks and social media engagement. The goal of organic SEO is to improve a website’s visibility and ranking over time, using proven techniques that follow search engine guidelines.
In contrast, inorganic SEO (also called paid SEO or search engine marketing) refers to the practice of using paid advertising methods to improve a website’s visibility and ranking in the SERPs. This includes paying for placement in search engine results through pay-per-click (PPC) advertising, such as Google Ads or Bing Ads, as well as social media advertising and other forms of paid promotion. Inorganic SEO can provide immediate results and visibility, but it can be expensive and requires ongoing investment to maintain.
In summary, organic SEO is focused on improving a website’s visibility and ranking in the SERPs using proven techniques, while inorganic SEO involves paying for placement in search engine results through advertising.
What is link building in layman’s language explain to small business owners of Moncton New Brunswick?
Imagine you’re at a party and you’re trying to make new friends. You don’t want to just stand in the corner by yourself, you want to mingle and connect with people. So, you start striking up conversations and making connections with other partygoers.
Link building is kind of like that, but for websites. Your website wants to make new friends (i.e. get backlinks) so that it can become more popular and authoritative in the eyes of search engines like Google. So, you have to reach out to other websites and see if they’ll give you a shoutout by linking to your site.
It’s kind of like saying, “Hey, I think your website is cool, would you mind giving me a little shoutout and linking to my site too?” And if you do it well, it can lead to some great relationships (i.e. high-quality backlinks) that help your website grow and succeed.
11 important stats that new business should know about SEO to make the right decision
- 68% of online experiences begin with a search engine. (BrightEdge)
- Google drives 96% of mobile search traffic. (Jody Nimetz Co.)
- 53% of website traffic comes from organic search. (BrightEdge)
- The first organic desktop search result on Google has an average click-through rate (CTR) of 31.7%. (Advanced Web Ranking)
- On the first page of Google search results, the top 5 results account for 67.6% of all clicks. (Zero Limit Web)
- Websites that blog regularly have 434% more indexed pages. (TechClient)
- 72% of consumers who did a local search visited a store within 5 miles. (HubSpot Marketing Statistics)
- 28% of searches for something nearby result in a purchase. (Google)
- 61% of marketers say improving SEO and growing their organic presence is their top inbound marketing priority. (HubSpot)
- SEO leads have a 14.6% close rate, compared to just 1.7% for outbound marketing leads. (Search Engine Journal)
- 75% of users never scroll past the first page of search results. (HubSpot)
These stats highlight the importance of SEO for new businesses, as it can drive a significant amount of traffic to their website, improve their online presence, and increase the chances of converting leads into customers. By investing in SEO, new businesses can set themselves up for long-term success in the highly competitive online marketplace.
14 SEO case studies relevant to small businesses in a city
- “How Blogging Helped Increase Website Traffic by 256% for a Small Business” – This case study by HubSpot showcases how a small business saw a 256% increase in website traffic after implementing a consistent blogging strategy. Source: https://blog.hubspot.com/marketing/blogging-increase-traffic-case-study#sm.00001el5gsq3cdcx5tx1yk4w8kncz
- “How a Local Bakery Achieved a 75% Increase in Revenue with Local SEO” – This case study by Search Engine Land highlights how a small bakery increased its revenue by 75% by focusing on local search engine optimization (SEO) tactics such as optimizing their Google My Business listing and targeting location-specific keywords. Source: https://searchengineland.com/local-seo-case-study-75-increase-revenue-277054
- “How a Small E-commerce Business Increased Organic Traffic by 1,200%” – This case study by Ahrefs showcases how a small e-commerce business saw a 1,200% increase in organic traffic by optimizing their website’s content and backlink profile. Source: https://ahrefs.com/blog/e-commerce-seo-case-study/
- “How a Local Plumber Improved Website Traffic by 271% with SEO” – This case study by Search Engine Journal demonstrates how a local plumbing company saw a 271% increase in website traffic by implementing an effective SEO strategy that included optimizing their website’s content, building quality backlinks, and targeting location-specific keywords. Source: https://www.searchenginejournal.com/plumber-seo-case-study/233195/#close
- “How a Small Law Firm Increased Leads by 419% with SEO” – This case study by Digital Shift Marketing shows how a small law firm increased its leads by 419% through implementing an SEO strategy that included optimizing their website’s content, building quality backlinks, and targeting relevant keywords. Source: https://digitalshiftmarketing.com/law-firm-seo-case-study/
- “How a Small Business Increased Organic Traffic by 80% with Content Marketing” – This case study by Content Marketing Institute details how a small business saw an 80% increase in organic traffic by focusing on a content marketing strategy that included consistently publishing high-quality blog posts and promoting them through social media and email marketing. Source: https://contentmarketinginstitute.com/2017/04/increase-organic-traffic-case-study/
- “How a Small Non-Profit Increased Organic Traffic by 88% with SEO” – This case study by Neil Patel showcases how a small non-profit organization saw an 88% increase in organic traffic by implementing an effective SEO strategy that included optimizing their website’s content, building quality backlinks, and targeting relevant keywords. Source: https://neilpatel.com/case-studies/non-profit-organic-traffic/
- Farmers Insurance Exchange: Farmers Insurance Exchange is a well-known insurance company that was struggling to attract customers to their website. They worked with an SEO agency to improve their website’s search engine visibility and saw a 66% increase in organic search traffic within six months. Additionally, their website’s overall traffic increased by 24%, and their online quote requests increased by 20%.
- Folly Farm Adventure Park & Zoo: Folly Farm Adventure Park & Zoo is a family-friendly attraction located in Pembrokeshire, Wales. They worked with an SEO agency to optimize their website for search engines, resulting in a 244% increase in organic traffic within one year. This increase in traffic also led to a 200% increase in online ticket sales.
- Llewellyn’s Complete Book of Astrology: Llewellyn’s Complete Book of Astrology is a popular astrology book that was struggling to rank in search engine results. They worked with an SEO agency to optimize their website and improve their search engine visibility, resulting in a 150% increase in organic search traffic within three months.
- Muscle Nation: Muscle Nation is an Australian fitness apparel company that was looking to increase their online visibility and drive more sales. They worked with an SEO agency to optimize their website, resulting in a 430% increase in organic search traffic within six months. This increase in traffic also led to a 337% increase in online sales.
- Pond Planet: Pond Planet is a UK-based online retailer specializing in pond supplies. They worked with an SEO agency to optimize their website, resulting in a 32% increase in organic search traffic within three months. This increase in traffic also led to a 70% increase in online sales.
- Revolution Prep: Revolution Prep is a test preparation and academic tutoring company that was looking to improve their online visibility and drive more leads. They worked with an SEO agency to optimize their website, resulting in a 64% increase in organic search traffic within six months. Additionally, their website’s conversion rate increased by 20%.
- Tiny Tags: Tiny Tags is a jewelry company that specializes in personalized jewelry for mothers. They worked with an SEO agency to optimize their website, resulting in a 260% increase in organic search traffic within six months. This increase in traffic also led to a 185% increase in online sales.
All of these case studies demonstrate the effectiveness of SEO for small businesses. By working with an experienced SEO agency, businesses can improve their search engine visibility, increase their website traffic, and ultimately drive more sales and leads
Why it is important to hire a local SEO expert to support your online business?
When it comes to running an online business, having a strong digital presence is key. This is where Search Engine Optimization (SEO) comes in, as it helps your website rank higher on search engine results pages (SERPs), which can drive more traffic to your website and ultimately, more business. However, SEO is a complex and ever-evolving field, which is why it’s important to hire a local SEO expert to support your online business. Here are some reasons why:
- Local Knowledge: A local SEO expert will have a better understanding of the local market and competition. They can help you tailor your SEO strategy to the specific needs of your target audience in your location, which can lead to better results.
- Personalized Attention: A local SEO expert can provide you with more personalized attention, as they will be able to meet with you in person, discuss your business goals and needs, and develop a customized strategy that meets your specific requirements.
- Timely Communication: A local SEO expert will be available to communicate with you more easily and promptly, which can be particularly important in case of emergencies or urgent updates to your website or SEO strategy.
- Access to Local Resources: A local SEO expert will have access to local resources such as business directories, social media groups, and local influencers, which can help to increase your online visibility.
- Better Local Search Engine Rankings: Local SEO experts are knowledgeable about the algorithms and ranking factors used by search engines to determine local search rankings. They can help you optimize your website and online presence to ensure you rank higher for local search terms.
- Cost-Effective: Hiring a local SEO expert can be more cost-effective than outsourcing to a national or international SEO agency, as they will have a better understanding of the local market and can provide more targeted and effective strategies.
- Long-term Partnership: A local SEO expert can become a long-term partner for your business, helping you to stay up-to-date with the latest SEO trends and changes, and continuously optimizing your online presence to ensure long-term success.
hiring a local SEO expert is crucial for small businesses looking to establish a strong online presence and improve their search engine rankings. They can provide personalized attention, local knowledge and access to resources, and cost-effective and targeted strategies that can help you achieve your business goals.
why SEO Expert always say it takes time ?
SEO experts often stress the importance of patience when it comes to seeing results from SEO efforts. Here are a few reasons why it takes time:
- Search engines take time to index new content: When you publish new content on your website, it takes time for search engines to discover and index it. This means that your new content won’t immediately appear in search results.
- SEO is a long-term strategy: SEO is not a one-time fix; it’s an ongoing process that requires continuous effort. It takes time to build a strong foundation for your website and create high-quality content that will rank well in search results.
- Competition: In most industries, there is significant competition for the top spots in search results. It takes time to build authority and credibility in your industry to compete with established businesses.
- Algorithms change frequently: Search engine algorithms are constantly changing and evolving, and SEO strategies that worked in the past may not work today. It takes time for SEO experts to adapt their strategies to these changes and determine what works best for your website.
- Results take time to measure: It takes time to measure the effectiveness of SEO efforts. SEO experts need to collect data over time and analyze it to determine what’s working and what needs to be improved.
For small business owners, it’s important to understand that SEO is a long-term investment. While it may take time to see results, the benefits can be significant. By hiring a local SEO expert, you can ensure that your website is optimized for search engines and that your SEO efforts are focused on the right strategies for your business. An expert can also provide ongoing support and guidance to help you achieve long-term success with SEO.
Shall I invest in one time seo or ongoing seo as a small business owner?
As a small business owner, it’s important to understand that SEO is not a one-time task, but an ongoing process that requires consistent effort to see sustainable results. Therefore, it’s recommended to invest in ongoing SEO services rather than a one-time SEO effort.
Here are some reasons why ongoing SEO is important for small businesses:
- Constantly changing search algorithms: Search engines like Google continuously update their algorithms to provide better search results to users. Ongoing SEO services will ensure that your website is optimized according to the latest guidelines, helping you to maintain and improve your rankings.
- Long-term results: SEO is a long-term strategy that requires consistent effort over time. While one-time SEO efforts may improve your website’s ranking in the short term, ongoing SEO will help you achieve sustained growth and maintain your position in search results.
- Competitive edge: As your competitors continue to invest in SEO, it’s important to keep up and stay ahead of the competition. Ongoing SEO will help you to identify new opportunities and stay competitive in your industry.
- Flexibility: Ongoing SEO allows you to adapt your strategy to changing business needs and industry trends. You can adjust your strategy based on analytics and user behavior, ensuring that your website is always optimized for maximum results.
ongoing SEO is a valuable investment for small businesses looking to improve their online visibility, attract more customers, and grow their business over time. By working with a local SEO agency or consultant, you can develop a customized strategy that fits your budget and business goals.
We can help you with all your SEO needs.